Changing your Windows XP Password
* Please see the ITD Guidelines in selecting a good password.
If you received a new password or account we highly recommend that you change the new password to a secure password of your choosing. Please see the ITD Guidelines in selecting a good password.
How to change your Windows XP password:
- Log on to the workstation as you would normally.
- Once logged in - press the control-alt-delete key sequence.
- Click the "Change Password..." button in the "Windows Security" dialog box.
- Enter your old password and new password where indicated and click "OK."
Content modified: July, 2006